1. Full Name: Claire Kathleen Patterson
2. Date and place of birth: 16/08/1979, Empangeni, Kwa Zulu Natal
3. Nationality: South African
4. Civil Status: Married (neé Goodenough)
5. Contact: Phone 031 7566484, Cell: 0832908999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution: University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg
Date: 1998 – 2003
Degree: Master of Arts: Local Economic Development
Present Position: Freelance Consultant: Local Economic Development
Selected work experience:
Claire Patterson was trained as a BR&E coordinator in 2003 and appointed by Trade & Investment KwaZulu Natal (TIKZN) to Pilot the province’s first BR&E Programme.
She the travelled to Canada to attend the BRE International (BREI) facilitator training course and is an accredited member to the organisation since 2004. Claire has facilitated numerous BR&E programmes throughout South Africa and co-wrote the BRE manual with Gerry Delany in 2008.
Other areas of expertise include Participatory Appraisal for Competitive Advantage (PACA) and Local Economic Development facilitation, research and implementation.